Friday, October 8, 2010

Foodie Friday - French Macaroons....

Tomorrow is my first year wedding anniversary, and it got me thinking about all the fabulous experiences I shared with my husband on our honeymoon (here)... One of my favourite memories is enjoying the most delicious authentically french macaroons from LADUREE in Paris so I thought I'd share just a few of the pics I took of these amazing treats... Oooohhhhhh! they were so light and melty and the flavours were to die for... they really did taste as good as they look & would be the perfect addition to any dessert banquet or buffet!
If you want to try some of these amazing treats more locally, Callum (from Australia's masterchef) sells a line of them at Providore in the Adelaide Central Markets, & the amazing From Scratch Patisserie is most definitely worth a visit at the Adelaide Farmers Market at Wayville... definitely definitely worth it!

Happy weekend! M

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence, I am buying some for this weekend! Just wanted to let you and your readers know that I called Providore and Callum's range was only for a limited time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you did have to be quick to get to try Callums macaroons, but you can certainly still get your fix at the farmers markets from 'From Scratch'. Our favourite flavour at the moment is the purple Chai & Cinnamon... yum!

    ReplyDelete